[nbdev] Netbeans 7.2 start up throws up multiple dialogs for multiple issues on another screen

  • From: Gregg Wonderly < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [nbdev] Netbeans 7.2 start up throws up multiple dialogs for multiple issues on another screen
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 12:20:30 -0500

At startup, Netbeans is doing too many things to check on stuff I don't care about, and is then opening dialogs, on another screen which keep me from getting to work.

I run netbeans on a second monitor attached to my laptop. The dialogs appear on my laptop screen, which I am not usually looking at. When I click on netbeans main window and components to try and get started working, I can't do anything until I figure out to look on the other screen. Sometimes, I have the volume down and can't hear the "bonk" suggesting that a modal dialog is opened.

Can .setLocationRelativeTo() be used to fix this problem? This has been a long standing issue for netbeans, and java in general.

One of the problem dialogs is titled "Open Project" with "Reference Problems", and "One or more project resources could not be found..." This is an unnecessary task for the IDE to perform for me. When I get to that project and build, I will see the problem and can fix it. I can appreciate the "Resolve Problems" button's ability to help me find missing library references, but this interface just seems like it slows down me getting started working on what I want to do.

One of dialogs is also titled "Open Project" and has text about "One or more projects do not have the target server set properly..." Again, I don't care for it to be looking at this at startup. I might be needing to work on a library or some other application which doesn't use a "web server".

Another is titled "Warning" and says "Cannot lock read-only file..." Well all I can say, is that it is read only for a reason, and griping at me about it when its likely not the project I am working on, and you are opening projects for me to work, I haven't made changes to the project, so why do you need to lock or write to it?

[nbdev] Netbeans 7.2 start up throws up multiple dialogs for multiple issues on another screen

Gregg Wonderly 09/27/2012