[nbdev] Wrapper module enhancements.

  • From: Gregg Wonderly < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [nbdev] Wrapper module enhancements.
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 10:02:43 -0500

I continue to find frustration with how opaque and unproductive wrapper modules are. It is hard for me to understand why a wrapper module would not be able to build and extract the output of a project without having to be rewired.

The problem that I have, is that I have projects that I build for work that are in one tree, and projects I build for various open source projects that are under other trees. So, there is never, really, a practical relative path between projects/modules. When I export projects to open source trees, then people may install those projects into other tree structures which will then not be in a place that relative paths work.

The stuff on the http://wiki.netbeans.org/DevFaqWrapperModules page thus just doesn't seem usable at all. Since the wrapper creation process can find the output of the project and copy it into the module, why isn't there a switch or option in the wrapper module to "update now", or "always update" etc?

I understand there are some versioning issues that wrapper modules can be used to resolve, when they are "static" copies of some version of the project they wrap.

What would it take to fix the wrapper module business to have this kind of feature set?

Gregg Wonderly

[nbdev] Wrapper module enhancements.

Gregg Wonderly 06/28/2012

[nbdev] Re: Wrapper module enhancements.

Gregg Wonderly 06/28/2012

[nbdev] Re: Wrapper module enhancements.

Ernie Rael 06/28/2012