[nbdev] Re: Is the filesystem Watcher from masterfs optional?

  • From: Emilian Bold < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [nbdev] Re: Is the filesystem Watcher from masterfs optional?
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 17:51:18 +0300

Good to know!

I'm still on the 7.0 branch, I should probably rebase.

--emi

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 4:29 PM, Jesse Glick < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
On 05/17/2012 08:40 AM, Emilian Bold wrote:
is it safe to disable the filesystem watcher entirely?

It should be. The masterfs module will then fall back to polling in all cases, rather than just those in which adding a watch fails (e.g. network drive).

In NB 7.2 this has been refactored, so rather than needing a system property you would merely exclude the implementation modules (e.g. masterfs.windows) from your app.

--
http://www.josekibold.ro : Honesty & well-done software.

[nbdev] Is the filesystem Watcher from masterfs optional?

Emilian Bold 05/17/2012

[nbdev] Re: Is the filesystem Watcher from masterfs optional?

Jesse Glick 05/17/2012