[nbdev] Is the filesystem Watcher from masterfs optional?

  • From: Emilian Bold < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [nbdev] Is the filesystem Watcher from masterfs optional?
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 15:40:55 +0300

Hy,

I want to manually disable the masterfs filesystem watcher because I don't want native code in my application (one reason being that it managed to crash the JVM on some particular Windows).

The way I see it this has a system property that could disable it (org.netbeans.modules.masterfs.watcher.disable) but I am uncertain if it's just for testing or not.

So, is it safe to disable the filesystem watcher entirely?

--emi

--
http://www.josekibold.ro : Honesty & well-done software.

[nbdev] Is the filesystem Watcher from masterfs optional?

Emilian Bold 05/17/2012

[nbdev] Re: Is the filesystem Watcher from masterfs optional?

Jesse Glick 05/17/2012