[nbdev] Re: Why are the Jelly Tools and JUnit library not part of the downloadable NetBeans infrastructure?

  • From: Emilian Bold < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [nbdev] Re: Why are the Jelly Tools and JUnit library not part of the downloadable NetBeans infrastructure?
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 13:04:26 +0200

JUnit isn't included due to licensing issues.

--emi

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 12:44 PM, Anchialas < "> > wrote:
Hi,

I've to build my NetBeans Suites with Jenkins. So I configured the "Downloadable NetBeans Platform for ANT builds" feature. Unfortunately the downloaded distribution misses some mandatory (testing) packages like
  • Jelly Tools Platform (from harness)
  • JUnit 4 library (from platform)
  • ...
Also I have dependency warnings like "Module Common Scripting Language API (new) in ide depends on an unknown module named org.netbeans.api.java.classpath." in the Project Properties dialog box.

Questions/Suggestions:
  • Why is JUnit 4 library not part of the downloaded clusters? (Since module NB JUnit is provided)
  • The ant configuration for the downloadable platform feature with
    • remove nbplatform.active  property
    • add the nbplatform.active.dir, harness.dir, suite.dir, ... properties
is not really suitable if you want to use both configurations (a) the IDE default (with full unit test module support) and (b) the downloaded feature with Jenkins) because a property cannot be overwritten or deleted by ant (they  are READ only). I know there are several workarounds with <script> hacks or similar but I cannot find a running solution.

I'm hopefully looking forward for an answer ;-)
Anchialas

--
http://www.josekibold.ro : Honesty & well-done software.

[nbdev] Why are the Jelly Tools and JUnit library not part of the downloadable NetBeans infrastructure?

Anchialas 02/28/2012

[nbdev] Re: Why are the Jelly Tools and JUnit library not part of the downloadable NetBeans infrastructure?

Emilian Bold 02/28/2012

[nbdev] Re: Why are the Jelly Tools and JUnit library not part of the downloadable NetBeans infrastructure?

Jesse Glick 02/29/2012