[nbdev] Re: Static initialization blocks evil?

  • From: Emilian Bold < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [nbdev] Re: Static initialization blocks evil?
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 12:13:17 +0200

There are safe and correct reasons to use static initializers (such as ApiPackageAccessor.register, which works around the lack of a module-scoped access keyword in Java).

Funny you would mention that because I find the Accessor pattern also a bit odd but I can't put my finger on the exact reason.

Please file a bug report in the editor component blocking #121357. EditorViewFactory is not a public API (only used outside the module via impl dep in editor.fold) so it should not be a problem to change how it is used.

--emi

--
http://www.josekibold.ro : Honesty & well-done software.

[nbdev] Static initialization blocks evil?

Emilian Bold 01/24/2012

[nbdev] Re: Static initialization blocks evil?

Jesse Glick 01/24/2012