NetBean charset problem

  • From: Jussi Hirvi < >
  • To:
  • Subject: NetBean charset problem
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 17:34:56 +0200

Hello list,

I just installed NetBeans, and I am totally newbie with Ruby too.

The problem is that when I create a new NetBeans project and write
        puts "ä"
...and then run the file, I get
        ‰
... in the output window, instead of my special char.

This is after I changed the project encoding (File -> Project properties) to iso-8859-1. If I set the project encoding back to utf-8 (= program default) and repeat the test, the output is
        √§

Info from "About NetBeans" window:
Product Version: NetBeans IDE 6.9.1 (Build 201007282301)
Java: 1.6.0_29; Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 20.4-b02-402
System: Mac OS X version 10.6.8 running on x86_64; MacRoman; en_US (nb)
Userdir: /Users/jussihirvi/.netbeans/6.9

I notice it says "MacRoman", I don't know if that's relevant.

I am using the OS installation of ruby: 1.8.7

- Jussi


NetBean charset problem

Jussi Hirvi 01/19/2012

Re: NetBean charset problem

Thomas E Enebo 01/19/2012

Re: NetBean charset problem

Jussi Hirvi 01/20/2012

Re: NetBean charset problem

Jussi Hirvi 01/21/2012

Project Features

About this Project

Ruby was started in November 2009, is owned by Petr Jiricka, and has 56 members.
By use of this website, you agree to the NetBeans Policies and Terms of Use (revision 20131025.e7cbc9d). © 2013, Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Sponsored by Oracle logo
 
 
Close
loading
Please Confirm
Close