Welcome to the Python Project. This is an open-source Java project which aims to update Python support for NetBeans to (1) meet the Quality Criteria for NetBeans plugins, and (2) add new functionality going forward.
"This is a community-driven effort. Oracle does not actively participate in or directly support this effort."
The current high-level development plan can be found here.
Lou Dasaro is the Project Leader. If you are interested in contributing, either as an Engineer, Analyst or Tester, please email him at the address shown on the development plan Alternatively, you can subscribe to nbpython-dev (at) netbeans dot org and send your request there. Join us, won't you?
There are several other pages at NetBeans.org that Python folks may find useful:
- Most people will just need to consult http://wiki.netbeans.org/Python .
- To see the current list of open issues, visit Bugzilla
- To learn about building from sources (generally) visit WorkingWithNetBeansSources
- To learn about developing NetBeans modules, visit NetBeans Platform Plugin Quick Start
- To learn specifically how to build Python support, visit NbPythonHgBuild
- (more to come...)