[platform-dev] Re: Clicking on TopComponent with associated lookup resets property selection?

  • From: Wade Chandler < >
  • To:
  • Cc: apiening < >
  • Subject: [platform-dev] Re: Clicking on TopComponent with associated lookup resets property selection?
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 17:33:07 -0500

You or I need to file a bug for this as per the docs of associateLookup it should maintain those special relationships. For now, what I have done is to create a ProxyLookup. There I call super.getLookup() and proxy the one I want. Then I override the getLookup() method to return the proxy. Things work as expected for me when I do this.

Wade

--

=================
Wade Chandler

Software Engineer and Consultant
NetBeans Contributor
NetBeans Dream Team Member

wadechandler.com
netbeans.org

On 11/29/2012 02:59 PM, apiening wrote:
Hi netbeans platform users,

I have a TopComponent implementing ExplorerManager.Provider holding a
BeanTreeView. When I click on a Node the associated Property is displayed in
the properties window.
If I click on another window after selecting a Node, the selection remains active. I
mean the selected property is still displayed in the properties window. That is not
true for one TopComponent which has a associateLookup call in it's constructor. Every
time I focus this component via a mouse click, my properties window displays "no
properties" even the selection is still displayed in the BeanTreeView via visual
highlighting.

As soon as I comment the associateLookup call, the behaviour turns back to
what I expect and my selection remains the same after focusing the
TopComponent.

It looks like the lookup I use to communicate newly loaded files in one of
them to the other interferes with the BeanTreeView selection lookup.

I think I have missed something pretty basic but after hours of tutorial and
docs reading I give up.

Please give me a hint how to solve this!

Thank you

Andreas

[platform-dev] Clicking on TopComponent with associated lookup resets property selection?

apiening 11/29/2012

[platform-dev] Re: Clicking on TopComponent with associated lookup resets property selection?

Wade Chandler 11/29/2012

[platform-dev] Clicking on TopComponent with associated lookup resets property selection?

apiening 11/29/2012

[platform-dev] Re: Clicking on TopComponent with associated lookup resets property selection?

Wade Chandler 11/30/2012

[platform-dev] Clicking on TopComponent with associated lookup resets property selection?

apiening 11/30/2012

Project Features

Project Links

About this Project

Platform was started in November 2009, is owned by Antonin Nebuzelsky, and has 143 members.
By use of this website, you agree to the NetBeans Policies and Terms of Use (revision 20150226.965aeb8). © 2014, Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Sponsored by Oracle logo