[platform-dev] Re: Newer/Different version of Xerces?

  • From: Benno Markiewicz < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [platform-dev] Re: Newer/Different version of Xerces?
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 06:45:09 +0100

I think your email client has a problem. The message content is there. I repost the answer from jtulach for you.

Quote:
"I think the classloading problems are caused by
javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance() trying to find all
implementations via META-INF/services/javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory
file. The system is using classloader which sees "everything" and then it does
not know whether to load the implementation class from 2.8.0 or 2.11.0. Does
that match your experience?

What can be done with that?

You can remove the META-INF/services/javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory
file from your 2.11.0 and access its classes directly.

You can package 2.11.0 so it is seen as a newer version of 2.8.0 module. Then
only the newer version should be enabled.

You can create a sample application, attach it to a bug/enhancement and hope I
will find some classloading trick to load the right implementation."

Greetings markiewb

Am 28.11.2012 03:18 schrieb "Cush1978" < "> >:
???  All I see is "Dne" in your response.

[platform-dev] Newer/Different version of Xerces?

Cush1978 11/27/2012

[platform-dev] Re: Newer/Different version of Xerces?

Jaroslav Tulach 11/27/2012

[platform-dev] Newer/Different version of Xerces?

Cush1978 11/28/2012

[platform-dev] Re: Newer/Different version of Xerces?

Benno Markiewicz 11/28/2012

[platform-dev] Newer/Different version of Xerces?

Cush1978 11/28/2012

[platform-dev] Newer/Different version of Xerces?

Cush1978 11/28/2012

[platform-dev] Newer/Different version of Xerces?

Cush1978 11/30/2012

Project Features

Project Links

About this Project

Platform was started in November 2009, is owned by Antonin Nebuzelsky, and has 138 members.