[platform-dev] Re: WindowManager.getDefault().findTopComponent("TestTopComponent") return null if TestTopComponent persistence type is PERSISTENCE_NEVER

  • From: Hermien Pellissier < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [platform-dev] Re: WindowManager.getDefault().findTopComponent("TestTopComponent") return null if TestTopComponent persistence type is PERSISTENCE_NEVER
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 17:43:40 +0200

Hi,

Have a look at this conversation:
http://forums.netbeans.org/topic50324.html

You will see the link to the bug there as well as a work around.

Best wishes,
Hermien PELLISSIER

On Jul 31, 2012 5:35 PM, "pramoth" < "> > wrote:
I was try to migration TC from 7.1 to 7.2 and it doesn't work.
I try solve this issue several possible solution. I found later why it return null.
When i call  WindowManager.getDefault().findTopComponent it always return null in 7.2 if Tc persistence type  is  PERSISTENCE_NEVER. But if i set persistence type  is  PERSISTENCE_ALWAYS it is fine.
I also notice that if i use PERSISTENCE_NEVER Netbeans will not generate file .wstcref in Window2/Component and Window2/Modes/editor/...
If i use PERSISTENCE_ALWAYS netbeans generate .wstcref in Window2/Modes/editor/

Is this a bug? How I solve this?
Thank.

[platform-dev] WindowManager.getDefault().findTopComponent("TestTopComponent") return null if TestTopComponent persistence type is PERSISTENCE_NEVER

pramoth 07/31/2012

[platform-dev] Re: WindowManager.getDefault().findTopComponent("TestTopComponent") return null if TestTopComponent persistence type is PERSISTENCE_NEVER

Hermien Pellissier 07/31/2012

[platform-dev] WindowManager.getDefault().findTopComponent("TestTopComponent") return null if TestTopComponent persistence type is PERSISTENCE_NEVER

pramoth 07/31/2012

Project Features

Project Links

About this Project

Platform was started in November 2009, is owned by Antonin Nebuzelsky, and has 138 members.