[platform-dev] Re: TopComponent.Registry

  • From: Ernie Rael < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [platform-dev] Re: TopComponent.Registry
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 19:33:18 -0800

You could either create your own central lookup or your TCs could add something to the default lookup.

On 2/28/2012 5:53 PM, Chuck Davis wrote:
" type="cite">Thanks, Javier, for the pointer.  I've not had much success with adding things to Lookups.  NB seems to add a lookup to TopComponents that can't be replaced or items added (unless that has changed).  When I tried to work with it by associating a new Lookup I got a nastygram that the TopComponent already had a Lookup and it could not be replaced.  Furthermore, the Lookup that was added was an undocumented class about which I could learn nothing.  I think that was with a daily build several weeks before the 7.1 release though and I probably should revisit the issue for my own learning.

Nevertheless, perhaps I could create something like my own TopComponent registry object.  I'll think on that!

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 2:02 PM, Javier Ortiz < "> > wrote:

Why not having those special modules register themselves in the Lookup?

Senior Software Quality Engineer

ArthroCare Corporation

7000 William Cannon Drive

Austin, TX 78735