[platform-dev] Specify specific encoding for opening documents

  • From: "Sam Harwell" < >
  • To: "NetBeans Platform API" < >
  • Subject: [platform-dev] Specify specific encoding for opening documents
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 17:47:32 -0600

The specification for a language I’m supporting in a platform application states that source files for this language have UTF-8 encoding. However, the files do not have a byte order mark and on Windows machines the files are opening in NetBeans with Windows 1252 encoding. How can I specify (perhaps in my implementation of NbEditorKit?) that the files should be opened with UTF-8 encoding by default?

Thank you,

Sam Harwell

Owner, Lead Developer

[platform-dev] Specify specific encoding for opening documents

Sam Harwell 02/28/2012

Project Features

Project Links

About this Project

Platform was started in November 2009, is owned by Antonin Nebuzelsky, and has 145 members.
By use of this website, you agree to the NetBeans Policies and Terms of Use (revision 20150925.bf86fa7). © 2014, Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Sponsored by Oracle logo
Please Confirm