[platform-dev] Re: Up to date maven repositories?

  • From: mkleint < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [platform-dev] Re: Up to date maven repositories?
  • Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 16:54:25 +0100

Chas Emerick wrote:
I'm looking at moving our RCP apps (and really, everything else, too) to maven. One snag is that the only maven repo on netbeans.org that I can find (http://bits.netbeans.org/maven2/) only has artifacts for 6.5 and 6.7, but not 6.7.1. Further, it'd be great to be able to build against a snapshot repo for NBMs, but I've not found any snapshot repo on NetBeans.org.

Am I missing some repos somewhere, or do I have to build and deploy the versions of NetBeans's nbms to my own repository (for 6.7.1 and snapshots)?

Thanks,

- Chas
for 6.7.1 I don't currently plan any uploads. only for 6.8. The reason is simple. I didn't get any assurance from NB Release engineering that they will not pull the plug on the repository when problems arise. The 6.5 and 6.7 releases occupy 1.5 GB (according to du -s, but it could be physically more as it's a lot of small files not sure) There is currently 3.4 GB free space left on the device. I would rather have a working incomplete repo, than one that doesn't work. Sad but reality.

Same goes for snapshots, but in a more extreme manner. the snapshots need to be numbered, if scheduled daily it's 300+ GB a year, if scheduled weekly it's significantly less but still. We would have to install Nexus on the machine and maintain it. That would allow is to get rid of older snapshots.. If widely used, we might get problems with bandwidth usage. If and when I don't know..

That's something I don't want to do and maintain on my own (as I do now). Feel free to file a bug/enhancement request against the product "www" component "admin" or "builds" or "downloads" at https://netbeans.org/bugzilla/query.cgi

On the brighter side, I think you will be better off running the nbm:populate-repository on your own and push it to your local Nexus/Archiva/Artifactory repository manager. You get a faster build (especially with snapshots), you know what to upload and when to upload and you also know what/when to delete old stuff. I use the same goal to create the repo at bits.n.o, so it should give you exactly the same results as with the "official" repo.
http://mojo.codehaus.org/nbm-maven-plugin/repository.html describes the details.

Regards

Milos Kleint

[platform-dev] Up to date maven repositories?

Chas Emerick 12/08/2009

[platform-dev] Re: Up to date maven repositories?

mkleint 12/08/2009

[platform-dev] Re: Up to date maven repositories?

Chas Emerick 12/08/2009

[platform-dev] Re: Up to date maven repositories?

mkleint 12/08/2009

[platform-dev] Re: Up to date maven repositories?

Chas Emerick 12/08/2009

[platform-dev] Re: Up to date maven repositories?

Chas Emerick 12/08/2009

Project Features

Project Links

About this Project

Platform was started in November 2009, is owned by Antonin Nebuzelsky, and has 149 members.
By use of this website, you agree to the NetBeans Policies and Terms of Use (revision 20160708.bf2ac18). © 2014, Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Sponsored by Oracle logo