Re: Way to Ignore Error Parsing on Specific Files?

  • From: Geoff Hoffman < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Way to Ignore Error Parsing on Specific Files?
  • Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 14:34:38 -0700

There's an ignored file patterns text box in the Project settings, but I haven't fiddled with it to see if it accepts wildcards.

I use it to ignore application/cache/ and application/logs/ but I think that actually ignores it from the project -- as in, those folders are invisible to your project completely, which doesn't do what you need.

FWIW, I have the same issue as you. Every folder in my app is red-exclamation-pointed because I have readme.md (markdown files) included which triggers the icon you're talking about. It's a case where it can't be perfect for everyone.

In a past thread on the same topic, the PHP NB team invited me to download the sources and add markdown syntax as a file format recognized by NetBeans

To which I replied:  @_@  I'm a PHP guy :-/

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 4:30 AM, willmwade < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
So I really like the Netbeans setup for noting parsing errors in files. It is nice to see that red exclamation on the folders and files letting me know something is wrong.

However, and others I assume are this way as well, I have files that are template files or files that are unparsable and should not be attempted to be parsed.

Is there anyway to select a file and say do not parse? Perhaps a DocBook comment that disables it? I don't want to disable the parsing entirely, which I know how to do, just on a few files.

Thanks!
Wil

Connect with us on twittergoogle+facebook, or linkedin.

Catch our next training in Atlanta Apr 10 - 12San Jose Apr 15 - 19Chicago Apr 22 - 26Denver Apr 29 - May 3 or See All.

This email, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify us by reply email or by telephone, delete this email and destroy any copies. Thank you.

Way to Ignore Error Parsing on Specific Files?

willmwade 03/21/2013

Re: Way to Ignore Error Parsing on Specific Files?

Geoff Hoffman 03/21/2013

Way to Ignore Error Parsing on Specific Files?

willmwade 03/25/2013

PHP was started in November 2009, is owned by Petr Jiricka, and has 236 members.