Strange results using Git Remote Pull in 7.3RC2

  • From: Geoff Hoffman < >
  • To: PHP NetBeans Users < >
  • Subject: Strange results using Git Remote Pull in 7.3RC2
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 08:33:50 -0700

I work on a Macbook pro at night and a Mac Mini at work during the day. Both are running NB 7.3 RC2. I committed and pushed from my Mini at work (using Terminal), and when I got home last night, wanted to do a pull .

From terminal, I verified I was on branch "beta". I wanted to try out NB7.3 RC2 Git integration, so I did a Git -> Remote -> Pull, made sure my repo was selected ("origin") and checked off the "origin/beta" branch and clicked finish.

Now in Terminal, git status shows I am not on any branch! I hate it when Git does that; there's no confirmation of this in the UI. I'm really confused by NB's Git integration. It seems that, in terminal, "git pull origin beta" is not the same thing as NB Git -> Remote -> Pull (inspecting the conversation "...+refs:/whatever/origin/beta...")? Did I do something wrong?

Connect with us on twittergoogle+facebook, or linkedin.

Catch our next training in Chicago Feb 4 - 8Boston Feb 11 - 15St Louis Feb 25 - Mar 1Vancouver Mar 4 - 8 or See All.

This email, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify us by reply email or by telephone, delete this email and destroy any copies. Thank you.

Strange results using Git Remote Pull in 7.3RC2

Geoff Hoffman 02/12/2013

PHP was started in November 2009, is owned by Petr Jiricka, and has 236 members.