Passing command line args to a PHP script to XDebug on the command line

  • From: Geoff Hoffman < >
  • To: PHP NetBeans Users < >
  • Subject: Passing command line args to a PHP script to XDebug on the command line
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 13:32:23 -0700

I figured out how to debug a command line script yesterday.

XDEBUG_CONFIG="idekey=netbeans-xdebug" [1]

I'd been using XDebug via Debug Project --> Launches Firefox & passes /?XDEBUG_SESSION_START=netbeans-xdebug for awhile, and was glad it was so easy to use for command line scripts, too.

Anyway, I could've sworn I had a window that popped up before where I could supply the arguments to the script I want to XDebug on the command line, but now it doesn't appear.

When I Debug --> Debug File now, It just gets to exit(1) and prints my usage( ) function in the NB Debugging console. Maybe that was on another machine with NB 7.3 -- I'm on 7.2.x at the moment, Mac OS X. I can't remember or figure out how to do it again.

Any suggestions?

Connect with us on twittergoogle+facebook, or linkedin.

Catch our next training in San Jose Dec 3 - 7Los Angeles Dec 10 - 14Indianapolis Jan 7 - 11Seattle Jan 14 - 18 or See All.

This email, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify us by reply email or by telephone, delete this email and destroy any copies. Thank you.

Passing command line args to a PHP script to XDebug on the command line

Geoff Hoffman 12/05/2012

PHP was started in November 2009, is owned by Petr Jiricka, and has 306 members.
By use of this website, you agree to the NetBeans Policies and Terms of Use (revision 20160708.bf2ac18). © 2014, Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Sponsored by Oracle logo