Re: Error 404: The requested URL Localhost/Phpproject1/Index.php

  • From: Geoff Hoffman < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Error 404: The requested URL Localhost/Phpproject1/Index.php
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 08:16:23 -0700

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 2:34 AM, Lili < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
The WAMP server is running.
When I activate localhost I get the WAMPserver homepage

I am not familiar with maintaining servers.

No worries. Wamp makes it super simple.

Phpinfo -> PHP version 5.3.0 information

Okay good.

Phpmyadmin -> localhost/phpmyadmin/ phpMyadmin screen......

Perfect.

Get a danger issue: "Your configuration file contains information (root without a password) related to the Mysql account....

Don't worry about this right now. You can set a MySQL root password later.

Do I have to initially setup a database or other important issues to make my netbeans project running on the wamp server: localhost/Myproject1/index.php?

No.

I cannot use Netbeans now for my PHP development projects......

Sure you can. NetBeans rocks. It works great. Stick with it, ask questions here and get it working. You'll encounter the same setup issues no matter which IDE you choose.

Where on the drive did you place the folder `Myproject1`?

If your Wamp is installed to C:\wamp then it should be located at C:\wamp\htdocs\Myproject1\ -- and you need to have a default document: Is there an index.html or index.php file inside of Myproject1? If not, create a new document named index.html and put this inside it: "Hello Myproject1", save it and refresh your browser on http://localhost/Myproject/ and you should see Hello Myproject1 in your browser.

Reply back if it still doesn't work!

Connect with us on twittergoogle+facebook, or linkedin.

Catch our next training in Phoenix Nov 12 - 16Chicago Nov 19 - 23San Jose Dec 3 - 7Los Angeles Dec 10 - 14 or See All.

This email, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify us by reply email or by telephone, delete this email and destroy any copies. Thank you.

Error 404: The requested URL Localhost/Phpproject1/Index.php

Lili 11/16/2012

Re: Error 404: The requested URL Localhost/Phpproject1/Index.php

Geoff Hoffman 11/16/2012

Error 404: The requested URL Localhost/Phpproject1/Index.php

Lili 11/19/2012

Re: Error 404: The requested URL Localhost/Phpproject1/Index.php

Geoff Hoffman 11/19/2012

Error 404: The requested URL Localhost/Phpproject1/Index.php

Lili 11/19/2012

Re: Error 404: The requested URL Localhost/Phpproject1/Index.php

Geoff Hoffman 11/19/2012

Error 404: The requested URL Localhost/Phpproject1/Index.php

Lili 11/21/2012

Re: Error 404: The requested URL Localhost/Phpproject1/Index.php

Geoff Hoffman 11/21/2012

Error 404: The requested URL Localhost/Phpproject1/Index.php

Lili 11/22/2012

Error 404: The requested URL Localhost/Phpproject1/Index.php

Lili 11/22/2012

PHP was started in November 2009, is owned by Petr Jiricka, and has 236 members.