Re: Weird Quote Autocompletion

  • From: Geoff Hoffman < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Weird Quote Autocompletion
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 08:10:11 -0700

After reading your post, I decided you're right, NB closing quotes automatically is kind of annoying, let's give this a try and replicate.

I did what you suggest, and verify that smart quotes still work (in a PHP inside an HTML block). I only get 1 quote inside a .html file.

I bet your HTML is inside of a file with a .php extension...

Go to Code Completion -> Language: PHP and scroll down!! to uncheck hidden setting:

Smart Quotes Completion

  [   ] Use Smart Quotes (" and ') Completion (after text selection, etc.)

Now it works for me.

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 4:11 PM, mrlemke < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
I have this irritating problem where NetBeans decides to insert a closing quote when typing an id attribute in my HTML tags,  even though I thought I disabled it.

I turned off "Insert Closing Brackets Automatically" under "All Languages" in Tools > Options > Code Completion. I also turned off "Equals-sign (=) Keypress After Attribute Name Autocompletes Quote Set" and "Quote-mark (") Keypress After Attribute Name Autocompletes Closing Quote" under "HTML".

This work fine and dandy for everything else until I go to close the string for an id tag, then NetBeans inserts a closing quote for whatever reason. Am I missing something, or is this just a NetBeans bug?

Connect with us on twittergoogle+facebook, or linkedin.

Catch our next training in Houston Oct 8 - 12Berkeley Oct 22 - 26Seattle Oct 29 - Nov 2Phoenix Nov 12 - 16 or See All.

This email, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify us by reply email or by telephone, delete this email and destroy any copies. Thank you.

Weird Quote Autocompletion

mrlemke 10/11/2012

Re: Weird Quote Autocompletion

Geoff Hoffman 10/12/2012

Weird Quote Autocompletion

mrlemke 10/12/2012

PHP was started in November 2009, is owned by Petr Jiricka, and has 236 members.