Re: Git config author name being ignored?

  • From: Ondrej Vrabec < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Git config author name being ignored?
  • Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2012 10:03:32 +0200

NetBeans commits with author and committer specified by user in the commit dialog. There are two fields: Committer and Author where you set their values and correct default values.
http://netbeans.org/kb/docs/ide/git.html#committing

O.

On 10/02/2012 10:42 PM, Geoff Hoffman wrote:
" type="cite">
Git version 1.7.5.4

Mac OS X 10.7.5

In my ~/.gitconfig I have (in part):

[user]
        name = Geoffrey Hoffman
        email = g**********@********.com

When I make commits and later view the log entries (gitk) I see:

Author: Geoffrey Hoffman <g**********@********.com>  2012-10-02 13:28:36
Committer: Geoffrey Hoffman <g**********@********.com>  2012-10-02 13:28:36

Author: Geoffrey <g**********@********.com>  2012-10-02 13:17:12
Committer: Geoffrey <g**********@********.com>  2012-10-02 13:17:12

Notice the earlier second entries don't have my last name.

From what I can tell, the 2nd one is coming from PHP NetBeans 7.2 and the top one comes from the command line.

Can someone confirm this bug or tell me where NetBeans should be getting the author name for commits from (meaning, does NB have it's own stored preference for this somewhere)?

I didn't find it on the bug tracker. If someone verifies that I'll submit it.

Thanks!

Connect with us on twittergoogle+facebook, or linkedin.

Catch our next training in Houston Oct 8 - 12Berkeley Oct 22 - 26Seattle Oct 29 - Nov 2Phoenix Nov 12 - 16 or See All.

This email, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify us by reply email or by telephone, delete this email and destroy any copies. Thank you.

Git config author name being ignored?

Geoff Hoffman 10/02/2012

Re: Git config author name being ignored?

Ondrej Vrabec 10/03/2012

Re: Git config author name being ignored?

Geoff Hoffman 10/03/2012

PHP was started in November 2009, is owned by Petr Jiricka, and has 236 members.