Re: I give up

  • From: David Harkness < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: I give up
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 10:50:56 -0700

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 1:07 AM, Tomas Mysik < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
BTW internet connection can _never_ be reliable. IMHO something similar can easily happen with any other (S)FTP client. The only reliable way to deploy files to any server is using a version control system.

I got the impression that littlened wasn't deploying files at the time. The original message lacked details, but it read to me that it went like this:

1. Have working website deployed to a server.
2. Create new NetBeans project from the deployed files.
3. While NB was pulling files down, internet goes down.
4. After network connection resumes, NB thinks it's done, sees a bunch of remote files it doesn't have, and deletes them remotely.

Now, littlened said that the remote files were changed, and that doesn't really jibe with the above scenario. More details are definitely necessary.

littlened, I sympathize with you. It's maddening when software fails and causes work to be lost.

David

I give up

littlened 10/10/2012

Re: I give up

Tomas Mysik 10/11/2012

Re: I give up

管俊明 10/11/2012

Re: I give up

David Harkness 10/11/2012

Re: I give up

Tomas Mysik 10/12/2012

PHP was started in November 2009, is owned by Petr Jiricka, and has 236 members.