Re: Remote debugging with Xdebug: roadmap needed!

  • From: Ramratan Gupta < >
  • To: ,
  • Subject: Re: Remote debugging with Xdebug: roadmap needed!
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 21:02:47 +0530

Hi,

You can login via remote like vnc teamviewer and configure netbean on linux server, I think you can debug there localy via remote login.

Sincerely,

Ramratan Gupta

http://in.linkedin.com/in/ramratangupta

Sent from my Samsung Mobile

On 31 Jul 2012 19:32, "jhsachs" < "> > wrote:
I'm debugging my PHP projects with XDebug and NetBeans 7.0.1, on my development system (Windows 7) with a local server, then uploading them to a remote (Linux) server.

I also want to be able to use NetBeans, still running on my development system, to debug projects with XDebug on the remote server.

I'm having some difficulty figuring out how to approach this. The documentation I've found seems to describe the details (e.g., how to set up an alternate run configuration) without explaining the concepts (whether setting up an alternate run configuration will get me where I want to go).

Right now I'm puzzling over a tutorial titled "Deploying a PHP Application on a Remote Web Server Using the NetBeans IDE" (http://netbeans.org/kb/docs/php/remote-hosting-and-ftp-account.html). I think this describes the steps I need to perform,  but it's going to require a substantial amount of work -- starting with a NetBeans upgrade -- and I want to confirm that I'm on the right path before I pursue it.

This tutorial describes how to set up an additional run configuration that will run a project remotely when the project is already set up to run locally. That's exactly what I want to do.

But the tutorial is silent about whether it's possible to debug the project while it is running remotely. All it says about debugging is that "you can create and debug your PHP project locally and then deploy it on the remote server"... a tantalizing but essentially meaningless statement, since I can do that now without any of the stuff that the tutorial explains!

Is this the right technique for me? If not, where should I look?

Remote debugging with Xdebug: roadmap needed!

jhsachs 07/31/2012

Re: Remote debugging with Xdebug: roadmap needed!

Ramratan Gupta 07/31/2012

PHP was started in November 2009, is owned by Petr Jiricka, and has 236 members.