Re: elements or component instances?

  • From: David Kaspar < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: elements or component instances?
  • Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 18:51:25 +0200

The term "elements" and "components" is very vague but I think you can use these terms as:
1) Elements are super-set of components
2) Components are "Containers", "Controls", "Charts", and other parts in the Palette.
3) In the Palette there also "Templates" which are not Components because by D'n'D them to a Design, they create a structure of components there but no the D'n'D template itself is not created.
4) I would use: In the Palette there are "Elements". Some of them are Components, some are Templates
5) When a Component is D'n'D-ed to a Design, then a Component instance is created.

Regads,
  David

On 04/07/2010 05:47 PM, Irina Filippova wrote:
Another terminology question.

When referring to the components available for dragging/dropping on the Palette, I used the word "elements", i.e. "drag the Circle element...". The same word "element" is used in JavaFX plug-in docs to refer to the "elements" on the Palette.
In the UI -- e.g. in the Navigator window > Rename -- they are referred to as "component instances".

Question:
- Is the "component" an accepted term and can be used as "JavaFX language component" to refer to the items on the Palette?
- Are the elements after they are added to the scene should be referred to as "instances". Can they be called "elements" as before?

Thanks
Irina

elements or component instances?

Irina Filippova 04/07/2010

Re: elements or component instances?

David Kaspar 04/07/2010

Re: elements or component instances?

Victor Vasilyev 04/07/2010

Re: elements or component instances?

Irina Filippova 04/08/2010

Re: elements or component instances?

Rastislav Komara 04/08/2010

JavaFX was started in November 2009, is owned by psuchomel, and has 59 members.
By use of this website, you agree to the NetBeans Policies and Terms of Use (revision 20150226.965aeb8). © 2014, Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Sponsored by Oracle logo