Re: Intellisense with Remote development

  • From: "Paulo R. Panhoto" < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Intellisense with Remote development
  • Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 13:06:52 -0200

On 10/11/12 07:52, pushframework wrote:
" type="cite">
I used Netbeans on a Windows machine to compile on a remote Linux one.
A problem I encounter is that the C++ editor fails to recognize API symbols or suggest corrections.

Is there a way to tell Netbeans that the header files that he should build his intellisense on are located on the remote machine ?

Thanks !

There's this dialog:

Where you can pass on the include directories so code completion can work fine. Once I've had such problem with remote development, after a gcc upgrade in the remote host (4.4.4 -> 4.4.6). Everything appeared to be configured properly but code completion didn't work because the newer include directory (/usr/include/4.4.6)  was a symlink to the include directory of the previous release (/usr/include/4.4.4). I had to add the entries for the "old" library manually and code completion worked fine.

    By any chance, is your remote host a Red Hat or CEntOS 6.x?

    Hope this helps

    Regards,

    Paulo.

Intellisense with Remote development

pushframework 11/10/2012

Re: Intellisense with Remote development

Paulo R. Panhoto 11/10/2012

Intellisense with Remote development

pushframework 11/11/2012

Re: Intellisense with Remote development

Vladimir Kvashin 11/12/2012

Intellisense with Remote development

soldatov 11/12/2012

Intellisense with Remote development

pushframework 11/12/2012

CND was started in November 2009, is owned by Leonid Lenyashin, and has 130 members.