Re: Switching toolchain and getting the right Boost link library

  • From: "Paulo R. Panhoto" < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Switching toolchain and getting the right Boost link library
  • Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2012 01:48:19 -0200

You can create several configurations of your project, each one using a specific toolchain and a boost library. Instead of Debug/Release, you could create a Debug46/Debug47 and/or Release46/Release47.

To do that, go to the project properties and click "Manage configurations". Select one of your current configurations and click "duplicate", give it a meaningful name and then click Ok.

Select the newly created configuration from the dropdown menu and click on the "Build" category. Select the apropriate toolchain and, in the linker settings, the apropriate boost library.

By doing this way, you'll only need to change the configuration to build with a specific toolchain and boost library.

    Hope this helps,

    Regards,

    Paulo

On 02/11/12 08:20, pabristow wrote:
I want to check that I can build'n'run console applications using more than
one toolchain (cygwin, mingw, versions 4.6 4.7..., clang ...).

Using the Project Properties, Build, Tool Collection, I can switch tool
chain, but if using a Boost library like Boost.regex, Boost.System,
boost.Timedate ... the library dll file name (and contents because compiled
with the appropriate tools) changes for each toolchain.

For example, the appropriate library file might change from

boost_unit_test_framework-mgw46-mt-1_52.dll

boost_unit_test_framework-mgw47-mt-1_52.dll

So I have to change this filename 'by hand' each time I change the toolchain.

Has anyone found a good solution to this problem?

Perhaps I am missing something obvious? (again :-( )

Thanks.  Paul

Switching toolchain and getting the right Boost link library

pabristow 11/02/2012

Re: Switching toolchain and getting the right Boost link library

Paulo R. Panhoto 11/04/2012

Switching toolchain and getting the right Boost link library

pabristow 11/07/2012

CND was started in November 2009, is owned by Leonid Lenyashin, and has 130 members.