Re: weird user error, two versions of .cpp file

  • From: Paulo Panhoto < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: weird user error, two versions of .cpp file
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 13:15:38 -0200

I think NetBeans lacks a "link button" (like eclipse's) that selects the correct file in the project explorer as you browse through the open files. Would be a great feature.

A tip to avoid this error again: before editing your B project, close all your open files and then close your official project.

Regards,
Paulo.

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 2:37 AM, ralphg < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
I was trying out some development ideas on a separate "B" version of my application.  I copied the whole try and recreated a new netbeans project.

I was only working on the new B version, but somehow realized that the edits I was making to the cpp source file where not having an effect.  Sure enough, the .cpp file I was editing belonged to the "other" project.

What would have caused this?

Any recommendations on avoiding this in the future?
I don't see the file path, just the file name in the title bar of the editor window.  Is there a way to easily confirm a file path name?

This was my error, and NB is still new to me.  I figure others may have had this issue too.

weird user error, two versions of .cpp file

ralphg 11/28/2012

Re: weird user error, two versions of .cpp file

Paulo Panhoto 11/28/2012

weird user error, two versions of .cpp file

ralphg 11/28/2012

CND was started in November 2009, is owned by Leonid Lenyashin, and has 130 members.