Re: Linux: PATH overwritten by NB when building

  • From: Paulo Panhoto < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Linux: PATH overwritten by NB when building
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 14:55:20 -0200

The make/cmake command is called by its full path (but only the executable is shown in the build output).

I'm working with gcc 4.4 and 4.6 (system default). In my GNU44 tool collection, gcc is specified as '/usr/local/gcc44/bin/gcc'. But when I build anything with it, only gcc appears in the build view. This might cause the impression it depends on the PATH variable.

Try changing the path to cmake in the 'Build Tools' dialog.

Regards,

Paulo.

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 6:49 AM, barthelemy < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
Hello,

I want to try out NetBeans on a projects in C++ built with CMake.

If I let the default options, NB nicely uses CMake but doesn't do an out-of-source compilation. Therefore my source folders are full of stuff that shouldn't be there (e.g. CMake cache).

Fortunately I have a GNU Makefile that can hide the use of CMake. A user can simply call "make" and it does everything (mkdir build, cd build, cmake .., make). I would like to use this make from NB but when I execute it and it tries to do "cmake .." it uses /usr/bin/cmake  instead of the correct one (in a different path).

What surprises me is that my bashrc puts the correct cmake in the PATH and we should therefore not have this problem. Moreover, I have told NB to use my own cmake.

How to maintain the default environment and paths in NB ?

Thank you
Barth

Linux: PATH overwritten by NB when building

barthelemy 10/31/2012

Re: Linux: PATH overwritten by NB when building

Andrew Krasny 10/31/2012

Re: Linux: PATH overwritten by NB when building

Paulo Panhoto 10/31/2012

CND was started in November 2009, is owned by Leonid Lenyashin, and has 130 members.