Re: Linux: PATH overwritten by NB when building

  • From: Andrew Krasny < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Linux: PATH overwritten by NB when building
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 19:20:30 +0400

barthelemy,

Please correct me if I got it wrong. Here is how I understand you:
- you have two cmake (in /usr/bin and in some <other-location>).
- your path is something like: <other-location>:/bin:/usr/bin;
- you want to use 'make' as a make tool (say, /bin/make -f Makefile)
- in your Makefile there is a recursive qmake invocation;
- you expect that <other-location>/qmake is started, but you see that /usr/bin/cmake is used which is wrong.

Is it right?

Thanks,
=Andrew

31.10.12 12:49, barthelemy::
Hello,
I want to try out NetBeans on a projects in C++ built with CMake.
If I let the default options, NB nicely uses CMake but doesn't do an
out-of-source compilation. Therefore my source folders are full of stuff that
shouldn't be there (e.g. CMake cache).

Fortunately I have a GNU Makefile that can hide the use of CMake. A user can simply call "make" and it does everything (mkdir build, cd build, cmake .., make). I would like to use this make from NB but when I execute it and it tries to do "cmake .." it uses /usr/bin/cmake instead of the correct one (in a different path).
What surprises me is that my bashrc puts the correct cmake in the PATH and we should therefore not have this problem. Moreover, I have told NB to use my own cmake.
How to maintain the default environment and paths in NB ?
Thank you
Barth

Linux: PATH overwritten by NB when building

barthelemy 10/31/2012

Re: Linux: PATH overwritten by NB when building

Andrew Krasny 10/31/2012

Re: Linux: PATH overwritten by NB when building

Paulo Panhoto 10/31/2012

CND was started in November 2009, is owned by Leonid Lenyashin, and has 130 members.