Compiler options for use with nVidia's CUDA SDK

  • From: Joseph Areeda < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Compiler options for use with nVidia's CUDA SDK
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 17:50:04 -0700

I'm just getting started working with nVidia's CUDA SDK and ran into a minor glitch that I can't track down.

Basically NVidia has a compiler wrapper called nvcc that replaces gcc and deals with both C/C++ and GPU kernel code.

I followed an older write up for NetBeans 6.x integration that I found on the web and defined a tool collection and things almost work.

My problem is that NetBeans tries to compile the program with options that need to be passed through nvcc.  What I mean is I get compiler errors like:

nvcc    -c -g -I/usr/include -I/usr/local/cuda/include -I/home/joe/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/shared/inc -MMD -MP -MF build/Debug/GNU-Linux-x86/main.o.d -o build/Debug/GNU-Linux-x86/main.o main.cpp
nvcc fatal   : Unknown option 'MMD'

A little command line experimentation and I think what we want is to make it

nvcc    -c -g -I/usr/include -I/usr/local/cuda/include -I/home/joe/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/shared/inc --compiler-options "-MMD -MP -MF build/Debug/GNU-Linux-x86/main.o.d" -o build/Debug/GNU-Linux-x86/main.o main.cpp

I don't see where to change the compiler options that are used and I can't find anything with directions for  NetBeans 7.x and the CUDA SDK.

I'd really appreciate some pointer to documentation on using this SDK with NetBeans 7.x or some guidance in setting compiler options.

Thanks,
Joe

Use of Header files

parul853 09/26/2012

Re: Use of Header files

paulf 09/26/2012

Compiler options for use with nVidia's CUDA SDK

Joseph Areeda 09/28/2012

CND was started in November 2009, is owned by Leonid Lenyashin, and has 130 members.