Re: How to use the profiling for C/C++ applications

  • From: Joseph Areeda < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: How to use the profiling for C/C++ applications
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2012 13:11:49 -0700

Hi Toony,

I just asked a similar question so allow me to thank the responders by replying to this one.

The NetBeans Profiler is for Java and is disabled for the other languages NB supports.

For C++ the following have been recommended:
sysprof, oprofile, kcachegrind
valgrind
and Oracle Solaris Studio's profiler

I'm traveling right now and haven't completed the comparison and chosen which ones to use so I can't comment on their relative merits.

Joe

On 8/18/12 2:54 AM, Toony wrote:

I gone through the materials available in internet for profiling C/C++
applications but for the profile project option under profile is disabled. I
am using with the following specifications

NetBeans Version : 7.1.2
Operating System : Windows 7

Can any help me out?

xxx

How to use the profiling for C/C++ applications

Toony 08/18/2012

Re: How to use the profiling for C/C++ applications

Joseph Areeda 08/18/2012

CND was started in November 2009, is owned by DimaZh, and has 142 members.
By use of this website, you agree to the NetBeans Policies and Terms of Use (revision 20150226.965aeb8). © 2014, Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Sponsored by Oracle logo