Re: Visual C++ compiler module for NetBeans - First release

  • From: Joseph Areeda < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Visual C++ compiler module for NetBeans - First release
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 12:40:17 -0700

Maxime,
I have a cross platform project that could use it. I've been dreading the Windows testing but this will make my life much easier.
Thanks.  I'll try it this weekend and let you know what I run into.

Joe

On 4/18/12 07:09 , Vladimir Voskresensky - Oracle wrote:
Hi Maxime,

Thank you very much for your efforts!
Btw, it would be great if you can publish your plugin directly at http://plugins.netbeans.org/ so everyone can find it and you will get users.

Thanks again!
Vladimir.

On 18.04.12 14:52, pitchonel wrote:
Hello everybody,

Like other people I need to use Visual C++ to compile some projects or use libraries, and because NetBeans is a great IDE I could not go back to Visual Studio :).
After some research, I did not found any toolchain to use Visual C++, so I decided to start develop mine. Well, it was not easy at all, but after few days I finally found a way to make it work (this is not the best solution, but at leat I can compile).
So here come the first alpha version of my module called VCC4N, that you can find on source forge: https://sourceforge.net/projects/vcc4n/

This is an alpha version so some features are missing and there are some bugs (like my last post), but at least I can compile my projects with it. If more people are interested in, I can continue to improve it, but I also need some people to test it on their projects, to see what is missing and probably find bugs.
You can find documentation on the wiki page: https://sourceforge.net/p/vcc4n/wiki.
Also this is open source and free, so new developers are welcome :)

Maxime

Visual C++ compiler module for NetBeans - First release

pitchonel 04/18/2012

Re: Visual C++ compiler module for NetBeans - First release

Vladimir Voskresensky - Oracle 04/18/2012

Re: Visual C++ compiler module for NetBeans - First release

Joseph Areeda 04/18/2012

Re: Visual C++ compiler module for NetBeans - First release

Leonid Lenyashin 04/18/2012

Visual C++ compiler module for NetBeans - First release

pitchonel 04/18/2012

Re: Visual C++ compiler module for NetBeans - First release

Titus Cheung 04/19/2012

CND was started in November 2009, is owned by Leonid Lenyashin, and has 130 members.