Re: New Project Type/Template

  • From: Vladimir Voskresensky < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: New Project Type/Template
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 23:44:34 +0400

try
folder="Project/Samples/Native"

As I understand you specify @TemplateRegistration for your wizard iterator.

If you are OK with default C/C++ project wizard (with host and toolchain selector) => try to add directly in layer.xml what is generated by annotation, but replace
<attr name="instantiatingIterator" newvalue="org.netbeans.modules.cnd.makeproject.ui.wizards.MakeSampleProjectIterator"/>

You can have a look at generated content in ${your_module}/build/classes/META-INF/generated-layer.xml

Hope it helps,
Vladimir.

On 02/26/2012 08:38 AM, Delphi03 wrote:
" type="cite">
I've been trying to create a new C/C++ Project Template while following the directions here: http://platform.netbeans.org/tutorials/nbm-projectsamples.html

I currently use NetBeans for remote development and create a fair amount of projects on a daily basis, covering C and C++ as well as 32bit and 64bit, including other configuration changes from the 'default' depending on which.

What I'd like to be able to do is create new project templates that already have these already set, so it's just a matter of selecting the appropriate project type and start.

I would like to have them stored in the same folder as all of the other C/C++ templates, but trying to set the Category to "C/C++" I get the error that the "Category is Malformed".

Putting a placeholder value there and trying to modify it in the generated java file like this:

Code:
@TemplateRegistration(folder = "Project/C/C++", displayName = "#c_32bit_template_displayName", description = "c_32bit_templateDescription.html", iconBase = "c_32bit_module/c_32bit_template.png", content = "c_32bit_templateProject.zip")

Ends up treating the '/' as a path separator, generating a folder structure of:

Project > C > C++ > Project Template

While it is not absolutely necessary to put my custom project templates in this folder, I would prefer to do so and thought I'd check here before giving up and putting them in their own folder.

Any help would be appreciated.

New Project Type/Template

Delphi03 02/26/2012

Re: New Project Type/Template

Vladimir Voskresensky 02/26/2012

CND was started in November 2009, is owned by DimaZh, and has 131 members.