NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
1. DESCRIPTION OF THE CONTEST: The [NAME] (“Contest”) is designed to [BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF CONTEST]. Prizes will be awarded to those who submit the best entries as determined by the judges in accordance with these Official Rules.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open only to [ANY QUALIFICATIONS BEYOND AGE], who are the legal age of majority in their country, province or state of legal residence and residents of Australia, Canada, China, Denmark, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Poland, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, the United Kingdom and the United States. Void in Puerto Rico, Quebec and where prohibited by law. Persons in any of the following categories are not eligible to participate or win the prize(s) offered: (a) Employees or agents of Sun Microsystems, their parent companies, affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, application development partner companies, and prize suppliers; (b) immediate family members (defined as parents, children, siblings and spouse, regardless of where they reside) and/or those living in the same household as any person in (a) above; and (c) employees of any government entity. You must also have access to the Internet and a valid email address in order to enter or win.
3. HOW TO ENTER: This contest begins at 12:01 A.M. Pacific Time (PT) Zone in the United States (e.g. San Francisco time) which is 5:01 A.M. Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) on [DATE] and ends at 11:59 P.M. (PT) which is 4:59 A.M. (GMT) on [DATE] (“Contest Period”). (NOTE: IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT TIME DIFFERENCE IS VERIFIED AT THE TIME A PROMOTION IS RUN)
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ENTRANTS: ENTRANTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR DETERMINING THE CORRESPONDING TIME ZONE IN THEIR RESPECTIVE JURISDICTIONS.
4. THE SUBMISSION: [INSERT DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF SUBMISSION]
All Entries must be in English. Registration or Entries that are in any other language will not be considered. Entries that are lewd, obscene, pornographic, disparaging of the Sponsor or otherwise contain objectionable material may be disqualified in the Sponsor’s sole and unfettered discretion.
5. JUDGING: All Entries will be judged by a panel of experts based on the following equally weighted judging criteria: [This is up to you, but the criteria must be objective and clearly disclosed]. In the event of a tie, the person among the tied Entries with the highest score in [INSERT] will be declared the winner. In the event that no entries are received, no prize will be awarded. Decisions of judges are final and binding. Winner will be notified by email.
6. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: For all prizes, state the description, number and approximate retail value of each. All other expenses not specified herein are the responsibility of the winner. ALL TAXES AND ANY APPLICABLE WITHOLDING AND REPORTING REQUIREMENTS ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. Cash prizes will be awarded in US Dollars. All costs associated with currency exchange are the sole responsibility of the winner.
8. NO RECOURSE TO JUDICIAL OR OTHER PROCEDURES: To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, to seek injunctive relief or to make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this contest are hereby excluded, and any participant expressly waives any and all such rights.
Participants agree that these Official Rules are governed by the laws of California, USA.
9. DATA PRIVACY: Participants agree that personal data, especially name and address, may be processed, stored and otherwise used for the purposes and within the context of the contest and any other purposes outlined in these Official Rules. The data may also be used by the Sponsor in order to check participants' identity, their postal address and telephone number, or to otherwise verify their eligibility to participate in the Contest and to receive any prize. Participants have a right to access, review, rectify or cancel any personal data held by the Sponsor by writing to Sponsor (Attention: [INSERT]) at the address listed below. If participant’s data is not provided or is canceled participants’ Entries will be ineligible.
10. WARRANTY AND INDEMNITY: Entrants certify that their entry is original and that they are the sole and exclusive owner and right holder of the submitted entry and that they have the right to submit the Entry in the Contest. Each participant agrees not to submit any Entry that (1) infringes any 3rd party proprietary, intellectual property, industrial property, personal rights or other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or confidentiality obligation; or (2) otherwise violates applicable law in any countries in the world. To the maximum extent permitted by law, each participant indemnifies and agrees to keep indemnified the Sponsor its parent, subsidiaries, agents, directors, officers, employees, representatives and assigns harmless at all times from and against any liability, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs and expenses resulting from any act, default or omission of the participant and/or a breach of any warranty set forth herein. To the maximum extent permitted by law, each participant indemnifies and agrees to keep indemnified the Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, agents, directors, officers, employees, representatives and assigns harmless at all times from and against any liability, actions, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs and expenses for or in respect of which the Sponsor will or may become liable by reason of or related or incidental to any act, default or omission by a participant under these Official Rules including without limitation resulting from or in relation to any breach, non-observance, act or omission whether negligent or otherwise, pursuant to these official rules by a participant.
11. ELIMINATION: Any false information provided within the context of the Contest by any participant concerning identity, postal address, telephone number, ownership of right or non-compliance with these rules or the like may result in the immediate elimination of the participant from the Contest. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any Entry that it believes in its sole and unfettered discretion infringes upon or violates the rights of any third party or otherwise does not comply with these official rules.
12. INTERNET: Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission. Sponsor is not responsible for theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind. Sponsor is not responsible for inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or any combination thereof, except to the extent that any death or personal injury is caused by the negligence of the Sponsor. If for any reason the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. Caution: Any attempt by a contestant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the game is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such contestant to the fullest extent of the law.
13. If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
14. WINNER’S LIST: For winner’s name, log onto www._____.com on or about [DATE], available for a period of up to_60__days.
15. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Contest is Sun Microsystems, Inc., 4220 Network Circle, Santa Clara, CA 95054.