NetBeans IDE 6.1 Beta 1 and NetBeans IDE 6.1 RC1 Blogging Contest
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1) How do I enter the contest?Post a blog describing your experience using the new NetBeans IDE 6.1 Beta or later, a tutorial, insight, tech tip, cool code sample, request for enhancements, etc. Your blog must be linked to a comment or trackback made to the NetBeans Blogging Contest site. Complete the submission form, or email a link of your blog entry to . (Contest Closed.) Entries must be new material and not copied from something already written.
2) Can I post a blog on my experience with NetBeans 5.5 or 6.0?You can certainly post a blog on your experience using an older version of NetBeans, but it will not be a valid entry for the blogging contest. To enter the contest you'll need to post a blog on your experience using the new NetBeans IDE 6.1 Beta.
3) Do you have suggestions on what to post?Here are some suggestions:
4) Will blogs be accepted in all languages?Blogs will be accepted in the following languages:
5) Will blog entries be featured on NetBeans.org?The blog contest is to encourage users to share their experiences about using the NetBeans IDE, so we will occasionally feature select blog entries on the contest page. However, a submitted blog post that appears on NetBeans.org is not confirmation that the entry has been selected for judging.
If you blog regularly about the NetBeans consider adding your blog to Planet NetBeans, our directory of community blogs about all things NetBeans related! Planet NetBeans currently features blogs in 13 languages!
6) What are the prizes?First Prize: The top 10 winners will receive a $500 American Express Gift Certificate.
Second Prize: Each of the next top one hundred (100) blog entries will receive a NetBeans T-Shirt.
7) Who are the judges?All the entries will be judged by a panel of experts on NetBeans. The panel will be made up of (composed of) members of the NetBeans community at large, including, but not limited to Sun employees, non-Sun contributors, and Dream Team members from each of the following language groups: US, Spain, Russia, France, China, Portugal, Japan and Poland.
8)What criteria will the judges use to judge the contest?The panel of experts will judge each entry based on the following equally weighted judging criteria: novelty and originality of the blog entry; usefulness and character of the substantive feedback; the blog's interest and appeal to other users of NetBeans 6.1 IDE Beta; clarity in the expression about the user experience; how the blog demonstrates or showcases specific features; and/or the ability to use the blog to improve any aspect of NetBeans 6.1 IDE Beta.
9)What is the deadline for submissions?The submission deadline is 11:59 P.M. (PT) which is 8:59 A.M. (GMT) on April 18, 2008.
10) When will the winners be announced?Winners will be announced on May 12, 2008. You can view a list of the winners on the NetBeans Blogging Contest site.
11) How will the winners be notified?Winner will be notified via email on or after May 12, 2008.