NetBeans Mobility Pack for CDC 5.5 Release Notes
Welcome to the NetBeans Mobility Pack for CDC, an add-on pack that provides
the tools for creating Java Micro Edition (Java ME) applications that support
the Java ME, Connected Device Configuration (CDC) technologies.
Note: If you are looking for information about installing the NetBeans Mobility Pack for CDC 5.5, see the NetBeans Mobility Pack for CDC 5.5.1 Installation Guide.
Supported Operating Systems
The NetBeans Mobility Pack for CDC 5.5 runs on the Java SE JDK versions 5.0
and 6.0, which consists of the Java Runtime Environment plus developer tools
for compiling, debugging, and running applications written in the Java language.
The NetBeans Mobility pack for CDC runs on Microsoft Windows systems that
support the Java VM. Below is a list of platforms that NetBeans IDE has been
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional SP4
Minimum Hardware Configurations
The Mobility Pack for CDC does not require significant
resources beyond those required by the NetBeans IDE.
Note: The IDE's minimum screen resolution is 1024x768 pixels.
- Processor: 500 MHz Intel Pentium III workstation or equivalent
- Memory: 512 MB
- Disk space: 850 MB of free disk space
Recommended Hardware Configurations
- Processor: 1.4 GHz Intel Pentium III workstation or equivalent
- Memory: 1 GB
- Disk space: 1 GB of free disk space
NetBeans IDE runs on the J2SE JDK (Java SE Development Kit) 5.0 and 6.0,
which consists of the Java Runtime Environment plus developer tools for compiling,
debugging, and running applications written in the Java language.
You can download the JDK for your platform at http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp
The Sun Java Toolkit for CDC is integrated within the NetBeans Mobility Pack.
However, if you want to program applications for other supported platforms,
you need to download and install one or more of the following SDKs:
- Embedded Software Architecture Emulator (Registration required for
- Sony Ericsson
- UIQ 3 SDK (login required for download)
- M600 Extension Package for the UIQ 3 SDK Beta 3 (download)
- P990 Extension Package for the UIQ 3 SDK Beta 3 (download)
- Nokia Series 80 Platform SDK for Symbian OS, for Java, Personal Profile
- The SavaJe Operating System (OS) (Registration Required for download)
When you first run the IDE with NetBeans Mobility Pack, you can import a
subset of the settings you used in NetBeans Mobility Pack for CDC 5.5 Beta
2. If you choose not to import settings from that previous release, the IDE
opens using the default settings.
Though it is possible to import settings from the NetBeans Mobility Pack
for CDC 5.0 into the NetBeans 5.5, it is not possible to import settings from
NetBeans Mobility Pack for CDC 5.5 into the earlier IDE release.