NetBeans.org Community News
Back to the community news list
NetBeans IDE 5.5 Beta 2 with JBoss Application Server 4.04 Bundle
Admin, 06 Sep 2006
The JBoss Application Server and NetBeans IDE have been bundled together to provide NetBeans IDE users with a well integrated out of the box experience to build Java EE 5 applications on the JBoss Application Server. [Press Release]
JBoss Application Server
- Robust, free, open source Java IDE
- Build cross-platform desktop, web, enterprise, and mobile applications
- Intuitive GUI Builder (formerly known as Project Matisse)
- Comprehensive support for developing plug-in modules
- Most widely used open source Java application server on the market
- J2EE 1.4 certified platform for developing and deploying mission critical enterprise applications
- Includes support for EJB3.0 specification
The first release of this bundle packages the NetBeans IDE 5.5 Beta2 IDE and the JBoss 4.0.4 application server with the JBoss EJB3 Technical Preview implementation.
JBoss's EJB3 implementation supports the Java Persistence API(JPA) and EJB3 specifications.