NetBeans.org Community News
Back to the community news list
NetBeans IDE 6.1 Release Candidate Now Available!
Admin, 10 Apr 2008
NetBeans.org is proud to announce the availability of the NetBeans IDE 6.1 Release Candidate. Download now.
Highlights of this release include:
- Semantic Highlighting
- Code Completion and Type Analysis
- Quick Fixes and Semantic Checks
- Performance Enhancements
- Up to 40% faster startup
- Smarter parsing so that code completion is faster
- Less memory consumption
- Support for Popular Web APIs
- RESTful Web Service Support
- Spring Framework Support
- New MySQL Support in Database Explorer
- Ruby/JRuby Support Enhancements
- Java Beans Support (back by popular demand)
- JSF CRUD Generator (back by popular demand)
- Javadoc Code Completion
- Sharing Projects (AKA Sharable Libraries)
- New Update Center Modules for ClearCase, AXIS, Hibernate, and SOAP UI
Learn more about these and other features at the NetBeans IDE 6.1 Release Candidate page. The final NetBeans IDE 6.1 release is scheduled for late April. As always, we welcome and encourage your feedback on our mailing lists.
Blog about your experience with the NetBeans IDE 6.1 and you can win $500 USD!
Details are on the Blogging Contest page. Contest deadline is April 18. Download the NetBeans IDE 6.1 Release Candidate.
NetBeans: The only IDE you need!