NetBeans.org Community News
Back to the community news list
NetBeans IDE 6.1 Beta Now Available!
Admin, 06 Mar 2008
NetBeans.org is proud to announce the availability of NetBeans IDE 6.1 Beta. Download now.
Highlights of this release include:
- Semantic Highlighting
- Code Completion and Type Analysis
- Quick Fixes and Semantic Checks
- Performance Enhancements
- Up to 40% faster startup
- Smarter parsing so that code completion is faster
- Less memory consumption
- Spring Framework Support
- New MySQL Support in Database Explorer
- Ruby/JRuby Support Enhancements
- Java Beans Support (back by popular demand)
- JSF CRUD Generator (back by popular demand)
- Javadoc Code Completion
- Sharing Projects (AKA Sharable Libraries)
- New Update Center Modules for ClearCase, AXIS and SOAP UI
Learn more about these and other features at the NetBeans IDE 6.1 Beta release page.
The final NetBeans IDE 6.1 release is planned for Spring 2008. As always, we welcome and encourage your feedback and the sharing of your experience using the NetBeans IDE on our mailing lists and in your blogs!
NetBeans: The only IDE you need!