NB 5.5.1 RC1 200703220600
There are no exact steps to reproduce this issue (i. e. definite configuration
of packs to install). However I was able to reproduce it several times in
Steps to reproduce:
- Install NB 5.5.1 with Profiler and some other packs: C/C++ and Visual Web
Pack. When I experienced this behavior, I had one of the following configurations:
- Profiler was installed on top of Visual Web Pack
- Visual Web Pack was installed on top of Profiler installed on top of C/C++ Pack
- C/C++ Pack was installed on top of Visual Web Pack installed on top of Profiler
- Create or open Anagram Game project
- Click Profile Application
- Select Analyze Code Fragment Performance
- Click Select Code Fragment
- Select com.toy.anagrams.ui.Anagrams class
- Select nextTrialActinoPerformed method
- Confirm Specify Code Fragment dialog
- Click Run
- RESULT: Profiling is started but empty Progress window is shown until IDE is
shut down. It seems that there are no other ways to close it.
I am not sure if this is related, but I am also seeing this strange behaviour
and it is affecting the Help window and other windows.
NetBeans IDE 6.0 Preview (M9, build 070502)
1.5.0_07; Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM 1.5.0_07-87
Mac OS X version 10.4.9 running on i386
en_US (nb); MacRoman
1. I open the Profile Application dialog
2. I open JavaHelp from the Help menu
The JavaHelp opens and also the mystery Progress box which says "Performing
instrumentation, please wait". There is no way to close the dialog.
If I minimize the IDE, all 3 windows [javahelp, progress, IDE] "minimize".
If I now "maximize" the IDE, the IDE window opens, but the other two windows do
If I try to open JavaHelp from the menu, nothing happens. The window does not
appear. F1 also does not work.
If I open some IDE window, ie dialog, or Profile Application dialog, the dialog
opens and ALSO the JavaHelp window. If I close the Profile Application dialog,
the JavaHelp also disappears.
The JavaHelp window then seems to return to the expected behaviour
*** Issue 60031 has been marked as a duplicate of this issue. ***
the issue was caused by synchronization problems in opening and closing asynchronous modal dialogs
it applies to the version 6.0 as well
this is fixed together with the issue #107374