NetBeans IDE Dev (Build 200702261900)
1.6.0; Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM 1.6.0-b105
Linux version 2.6.17-10-generic running on i386
cs_CZ (nb); UTF-8
- downloaded ruby umbrella module from UC, ide restarted
- created rails application
- WEBrick Web server output tab contains:
Error opening script file: script/server (No such file or directory)
- generate rails project output is
/tmp/ud/jruby-0.9.2/bin/rails:17:Warning: require_gem is obsolete. Use gem instead.
`report_activate_error': Could not find RubyGem activesupport (= 1.3.1)
from /tmp/ud/jruby-0.9.2/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:76:in `each'
- project has no subnodes, server does not start
it seems like rails stuff on autoupdate is out of sync with hudson?!
i've removed userdir (i.e. ruby modules), downloaded #256 from hudoson,
unpacked, and put extra cluster to netbeans and tried to create rails app:
- first i noticed that there is "Create rails app with custom sources" in new
project wizard - that was not there when i used ruby from UC
- now rails project seems to be generated ok, there is a bunch of subnodes under
- WEBrick server output tab contains exception (attached), server does not start.
Created attachment 38950 [details]
The observation that this works with deadlock.netbeans.org bits and not with the
update center was very helpful. I tracked it down and it turns out there was a
problem with the build scripts which assembles files for the nbm.
Basically, two .gemspec files ended up missing in the Ruby installation when
installed from the update center!
I've checked in a fix; when rails version 1601 hits the update center (or
Feature umbrella module version 0.23) it will hopefully work.
yes, semi-working now, project generation works, but still there's en exception
The original issue is fixed. Is the new webrick exception you are seeing still there? (Since this bug was
created, JRuby has changed quite a bit and I'm now bundling JRuby 0.9.8 which is supposed to work with
the stop button for webrick doesn't work. Webrick is running still on the port
Are you on Windows? I think this is fixed on Unix but maybe not on Windows. See this JRuby thread:
I think this is a duplicate of another issue - there are a couple of issues related to killing processes and
I've just checked in a fix which I believe will address this - launching JRuby's VM directly rather than going
through the .bat launcher file. However, it's untested code since I don't have Windows - please let me
know whether this works (you need to have Ruby Feature 0.39 or later - e.g. build #513 or later from
The other issue is #95128.
*** This issue has been marked as a duplicate of 95128 ***
the original issue is fixed, and the second one is duplicate. verified.
Reassigning this issue to newly created 'ruby' component.
Changing target milestone of all resolved Ruby issues from TBD to 6.0 Beta 1 build.