It's an integration issue. The problem occurs when installed both VisualWeb and
Steps to reproduce:
- install netbeans
- install enterprise pack
- install visualweb pack
- start IDE
- create Samples/SOA/Synchronous sample project
- create a new SOA/BPEL Module project
- add a new bpel process
- expand SynchronousSample/Process Files
- try to drag SynchronousSample.wsdl to the diagram to create a new partner link
Result: Drag&Drop function does not work for wsdl files.
Looks like the ClipboardConvertor installed by VWP does not check for VWP
Project type. As a result the returned document root (web folder) is null.
That is passed to FileUtil.isParentOf() API which throws the observed
Issue added to the following docs:
1. NetBeans Enterprise Pack 5.5 Release Notes at
2. Java EE 5 Tools Bundle Release Notes at
This bug is verified on environment:
Product Version = NetBeans IDE 5.5 (Build 200610171010)
Operating System = Windows XP version 5.1 running on x86
Java; VM; = 1.6.0-rc; Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM 1.6.0-rc-b99;
Visual Web Pack Version = 070109
The bug is fixed (not reproduced).
This bug has been fixed and released via Patch on AutoUpdate on Dec-15-2006.