I am running netbeans 6.0 m2 from Ubuntu Dapper.
When I test using JUnit and compare two larger strings it would be very helpful
if netbeans could show where the differences are or at least start.
Currently when I compare two larger strings, it does not show where the
Another thing is that expected and result are printed on the same line, making
it not easier to compare the two.
Adjusting this issue: the difference is shown, I just had to get used to the
way it was shown.
Still, printing the string for expected and result on two different lines would
help a lot in comparing and easily finding the difference, escpecially if the
string is long.
The messages about the difference and about the expected vs. actual result are produced by the JUnit library. It agree
that NetBeans JUnit module might improve this, e.g. by a graphical presentation of the difference.