If you enter a class name that already exists in the New Class wizard, you will
not get any indication until you have completed the wizard and then you get a
message that says the class name already exists. This message does not allow
you to return to the wizard to change the class name so all your work is *lost*.
Clicking the Next button after specifying the class name should check if that
name is unique, if not, post a message and allow the user to change the name
it does not apply only to Java class, but also for other templates
Fixed in the main trunk.
Fixed in the release31.
There is a case in which the check isn't done correctly. See issue 11324 for
*** Issue 11324 has been marked as a duplicate of this issue. ***
Pasting the description from the duplicate here:
Create the test object in the root of a filesystem.
Now try to create the duplicate:
1. Bring up the wizard from File->New (not with right-click)
2. Choose the object type, hit next
3. Enter the name of the same-named object and indicate the root of the
filesystem as the target location.
4. Next is grayed out at this point.
5. Hit the back button to see the template selection page.
6. Hit Next again.
7. Now Next is (incorrectly) enabled and you hit the bug.
The validity check is not done after move from templates panel
Changing version and making it P3 - the steps are quite rare.
Fixed in both [dev] and [release32].
Target milestone 3.2
Resolved for 3.4.x or earlier, no new info since then -> closing.