Installer should be able to run uinstaller (in silent mode) of already installed
version if it is found in destination directory. It means user will be able
easily reinstall exisint installation.
Created attachment 26033 [details]
Starting point for impl
Attached modified InstallLocationPanel.java with some code from Profiler
installer. Needs to be modified to work correctly, localized strings to be
*** Issue 65161 has been marked as a duplicate of this issue. ***
I think it is not valid any more. Current installer is able to add/remove installed component. Dmitry does it make sense
to reinstall or 'repair' current installation? If not please close.
RFE: restore initial configuration (installer)
No easy way to restore the initial configuration.
(profiler broke after removing some plug-in modules, wanted to restore initial config)
1. Installed Netbeans 6.5rc2.
2. Removed some plug-ins I thought I didn't currently need (trim footprint)
(Database, Local History, CVS, Hibernate, SaaS, ...)
3. Found that Profile Main Project is disabled.
(No hint as to why it was disabled. Figured it out after step 10 below.
It should have warned me the module was needed for Profiler. Issue 152229)
4. Tried restoring Database to see if that would fix it. Did not.
5. Ran installer. It complained that all modules are already installed.
(Expected to be able to restore initial configuration.)
6. Uninstalled NetBeans.
(Don't want users to do this, they might not install again.)
7. Ran installer. It complained that the default directory was not empty.
(apparently the uninstaller didn't uninstall everything, such as the
8. Deleted the old directory.
9. Ran installer. Now installer could run.
10. Ran netbeans. Yay, Profile Main Project enabled again.
Expected: In step 5, expected installer to restore initial
configuration by overwriting old configuration, or at least offer the
option to do so.
Assigned to new owner.