[ JDK VERSION : 1.6 ]
Yesterday, right after installed (with a clean user dir) used update center, and Tools --> option , NetBeans (5 beta) have freeze, see the steps below.
1) Install NB 5 beta and run NB
1) Selected some update center modules
2) After finished, and "turning off modules...done" message displayed on status bar, go Tools --> Options
3) Status bar displays "loading options..." together with progress bar
4) At Editor Option, select "macro" and "Code template" tab, there were no one option at drop-down list, screenshot 1
5) selected "ok" or "cancel" button
at this time the "loading options..." status bar message and progress bar is on, yet. screenshot 2
6) Exit NetBeans, File --> Exit
7) Progress bar and "Loading Options" status bar message continues to show, but NetBeans freezes.
I did those steps two times, the freeze is reproducible.
See my system
Product Version = NetBeans IDE 5.0 Beta (Build 200509261930)
Operating System = Linux version 220.127.116.11-mh2 running on i386
Java; VM; Vendor = 1.6.0-ea; Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM 1.6.0-ea-b53; Sun Microsystems Inc.
Java Home = /usr/local/j2se/sun/jdk1.6.0/jre
System Locale; Encod. = pt_BR (nb); ISO-8859-15
Strange, there were no exception at .netbeans/5.0beta/var/log/messages
Created attachment 25302 [details]
Created attachment 25303 [details]
I tried to see the thread dump: kill -3 PID, no results...
I killed the process, kill PID
Started again, go to Tools --> Options, them "Negative value is not allowd" (ok,
known bug), the exit, options, go to Tools --> Options again, everything now
shows to be fine (code template and macros)
Then I removed netbeans install and user dir (rm -rf ~/.netbeans
Installed NB again and started, updated modules, when modules installment ends,
started NB again, go to tools --> options, it shows "negative value is not
allowed" (known bug, ok), then Editor option --> "macro" and "code template"
shows the 1st screenshot, drop down list, shows no values, go to cancel button,
then got back to tools --> Options , everythin shows fine now.
To let you know, the selected modules
and marked all of them "Global" and "Yes to all"
Known editor/options issue?
The bug I refer, when I wrote "go to tools --> options, it shows "negative value
is not allowed" (known bug, ok)"
I will look at it.
Too late to fix in nb5.0.
I am sorry, but I could not reproduce this. I installed some global modules from
AU, restarted Netbeans and Tools-Options showed up nicely after that. Without
the full thread dump the chances for catching this deadlock are pretty low.