On Help Page "Comparing Two Files in the IDE" I find:
Expand the Diff and Merge Types node to set:
- Diff command options (for example, diff -b)
- The number of lines of context around differences in the textual diff viewer
- The default background highlight colors for changed text in the graphical
In "Options ... Diff and Merge Types" I can't set options like 'diff -d', only
the last to other possibilities.
Probably usersguide problem.
I more like to see, that you implement this possibility rather than small-sizing
Perhaps change this to RFE.
Talley, could you look at this?
i also could not get the options to work when i tried the following:
1. download cvs and activate module
2. specify using command-line diff
3. set diff option to -u in options window for command-line diff
4. do textual diff of file right-click on file and select textual diff and click ok
The output does not use -u option
If I select unified format in the cvs advanced options dialog when doing the
diff, the output is displayed using the -u option
is this supposed to work?
reassigning to Troy.
This will most likely not be dealt with in the online help for 60. Troy, please put this on your list to do as an FAQ on
the web after online help hand-off.
As discussed, I'm reassigning this issue to you.
The documentation is correct, but the external diff command line options
currently do not work (Tools > Options > Miscellaneous > Diff > External Diff)
Furthermore, if the External Diff functions as expected, there is no need to
provide duplicate access to it from Advanced Options
(Server and External Tool Settings > Diff and Merge Types > Diff Engines > Command-line Diff).
Troy, Maros, where are we with this?
removed the offending paragraph in the help and reassigning to diff module as an enhancement
We want to get rid of Advanced Diff settings after 6.1.