The results filtering can be useful in CCT as
well (and other profilers provide this
The options are:
- not display tree branches that do not have
anything in them that is filtered
- display the branches that are filtered out as a
single subnode, collapsing all the filtered out
nodes into one (without subnodes))
- only indicate that the branch is filtered out
by grayed icon
We should probably do at least part of this in 1.0
Planned for M8
We will not do this for 1.0
There are several questions to which the answer is not too clear:
- if we filter the tree, so that it only contains paths from roos to all nodes
matching the filter, is it going to be useful in determining what the call tree
*under* the matching nodes is - this will ot be displayed, or displayed only
partially if some other matching node in the the subtree?
- if we filter the tree so that it contais only paths from roots to matching
nodes, and under them everything, isn't this going to be confusing?
- if we do this second approach (filter until matching nodes, then all), we
should probably have a feature that "expands all until matching node", or
something like this to enhance the navigation/visualization by allowing to
determine the matching nodes
All in all, doing this right may be quite a bit of work - we should implement
the Find funtionality in 1.0 - Issue 55489 - and do more thorough analysis of
what the filtering means for the CCT.
Not for 1.0
Making this RFE more general - filtering should be possible in all profiler treetables.
*** Issue 117273 has been marked as a duplicate of this issue. ***
Milestone cleanup: future->next
Implemeted by http://hg.netbeans.org/profiler-main/rev/0ba6412dadf9.