Created attachment 149751 [details]
Sample project to reproduce the bug
How to reproduce:
1) Open attached project
2) Open someheader.h
3) Try to find usages of 'someMethod' in 'SomeStruct'. Everything works for now.
4) Change body of 'someMethod' (add another "+0" to return statement)
5) Call find usages again => 0 usages will be found
can you reproduce it after fixing issue #243770?
It seems as if the bug #187567 has a wrong implementation of DeepReparsingUtils.finishPartialReparse() (see change set a54564466851).
- a signature is not changed but UID of declarations are changed.
- files that have referenced elements on old UID became invalid.
So the fix of the bug #187567 is not full. Method finishPartialReparse should clear referenced elements that point to changed UIDs in all coherence files.
Created attachment 162827 [details]
Vladimir V. please review the patch
fixed in enum, branch release82, change set 6cb00f1e6b8b
Integrated into 'main-silver', will be available in build *201611110001* on http://bits.netbeans.org/dev/nightly/ (upload may still be in progress)
User: Alexander Simon <email@example.com>
Log: fixed Bug #247747 Find Usages cannot find method usages after changing it body
(transplanted from 6cb00f1e6b8b93b542d6abaa0de34730633acd74)
*** Bug 268872 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Verified in internal NetBeans 8,2 patch 1 build.