when I use the DB explorer to add a new connection
(DB2 net), all works fine. The next time I restart
NB, the connection is gone and I have to recreate
it. The same with DB drivers not in list. When I
add a new driver, the next time I restart NB, its
entry is gone. I first encountered the problem
with NB 3.4 MS4. I updated to Q-build
200205282200, but the bug was still there. Before
I used NB 3.3.1 and all worked as expected. I
converted my 3.3.1 user dir into 3.4dev
after resolving some file system issues (NB didn't have full access to
its user directory), all works again as I expect it. I think Windows
2000 confused something on copying the user directories from older
version and between different profiles.
Update from NetBeans 3.4 beta 1 to Netbeans 3.4 beta 2. It seems that
the update solves this issue.
The issue is also there with NB 3.4beta2, and the changing of access
rights doesn't seem to solve it really.
I found another way to solve it, which was verified by at least one
Under "Tools -> Options" scroll down to the bottom where you can find
"Database Explorer", now show the levels (press "+" or the "<<" button
on the top of the window). If only the level "Project" is set, it
doesn't seem to work. Now click into the "User" column and choose
"define here" and accept the change. Close the option window, create a
new connection (or add the new driver...) and restart. It should work now.
Resolved for 3.3.x or earlier, no new info since then -> closing.