Bug 236748 - svn keywords not omitted in diff view
svn keywords not omitted in diff view
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Product: versioncontrol
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Subversion
7.3
PC Linux
: P3 with 1 vote (vote)
: 8.0
Assigned To: Ondrej Vrabec
issues@versioncontrol
:
Depends on: 231506
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2013-10-04 10:18 UTC by gprigent
Modified: 2013-11-12 09:53 UTC (History)
0 users

See Also:
Issue Type: DEFECT
:


Attachments
Netbeans log (56.27 KB, application/x-download)
2013-10-07 07:14 UTC, gprigent
Details
Log Netbeans 7.4 RC2 (81.17 KB, application/x-download)
2013-10-07 08:45 UTC, gprigent
Details
ScreenCap of the diff view from netbeans (147.98 KB, image/png)
2013-10-07 08:46 UTC, gprigent
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description gprigent 2013-10-04 10:18:24 UTC
I use 2 keywords for my files $Revision$ and $Date$.

Using svn diff from Netbeans allways show the line containing those keywords as modified.

When i use the command line svn diff, i have no problem.

I saw a previous bug with use of comma but i don't use comma in my string.

Anyone have a clue ?
Comment 1 Ondrej Vrabec 2013-10-06 08:52:17 UTC
please attach the IDE log, i'd like to know what kind of subversion client you're using in the IDE
Comment 2 Ondrej Vrabec 2013-10-06 09:18:52 UTC
should be fixed with upgrade to svnkit to 1.7.8 in NetBeans 7.4: http://hg.netbeans.org/releases/rev/a3a1d834c97d
the original bug in SVNKit: http://issues.tmatesoft.com/issue/SVNKIT-344

Please reopen with the messages.log attached if reproducible in NetBeans 7.4 RC
Comment 3 gprigent 2013-10-07 07:14:10 UTC
Created attachment 140844 [details]
Netbeans log

Here my netbeans log.
Comment 4 gprigent 2013-10-07 08:45:19 UTC
Created attachment 140846 [details]
Log Netbeans 7.4 RC2
Comment 5 gprigent 2013-10-07 08:46:38 UTC
Created attachment 140848 [details]
ScreenCap of the diff view from netbeans
Comment 6 gprigent 2013-10-07 08:47:22 UTC
I add the log and a screen capture of the diff view fom netbeans showing the bug.
Comment 7 Ondrej Vrabec 2013-10-07 09:42:51 UTC
> I add the log and a screen capture of the diff view fom netbeans showing the bug.
Thanks. Seems the SvnKit bug was fixed later than in 1.7.8 we're now bundling. I tried it with SvnKit 1.8.0 Beta and there it works correctly. So there's another reason to upgrade SvnKit in the IDE.
Comment 8 gprigent 2013-10-07 09:59:03 UTC
Can i change by myself the svnkit in my own netbeans ?
Is it easy ?
Comment 9 Ondrej Vrabec 2013-10-07 11:17:11 UTC
(In reply to gprigent from comment #8)
> Can i change by myself the svnkit in my own netbeans ?
I don't think so.
> Is it easy ?
It is not easy, you would have to build your own IDE and build several 3rd-party libraries from sources.
Comment 10 Ondrej Vrabec 2013-10-07 11:19:46 UTC
much more easy and preferable is to switch to JavaHL client - build or download libsvnjavahl.so and then switch to javahl in Tools -> Options -> Misc -> Versioning -> Subversion, Preferred client.
http://wiki.netbeans.org/FaqSvnJavahl
Comment 11 RaySlater 2013-10-08 11:43:06 UTC
Unfortunately though, if you try and use a 1.8.x version of libsvnjavahl.so Netbeans rejects it (7.4 RC1).

INFO [org.netbeans.libs.svnclientadapter]: Javahl client adapter is not available
Incompatible JavaHL library loaded.  Subversion 1.7.x required.
INFO [org.netbeans.modules.subversion.client.SvnClientFactory]: JavaHL not available. Falling back on SvnKit.
Comment 12 Ondrej Vrabec 2013-11-12 09:53:46 UTC
now it should be finally fixed in dev builds as i integrated SvnKit 1.8 RC into the IDE


By use of this website, you agree to the NetBeans Policies and Terms of Use. © 2014, Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Sponsored by Oracle logo